As one of the foremost providers of promotional products in Perth, we are in a unique position. We have seen firsthand how our customers benefit from using promotional gifts to increase their business. Here are seven ways promotional items increase business, whether you are in Perth or regional WA.
Law of Reciprocity
When you give something to someone, they feel indebted to you. They will usually find a way to do something nice in return. In business, this means they are more likely to do business with you. One survey from LJ Market Research indicated that 52% of people who accepted promotional items had done business with the company, while the other 48% said the item would make them more likely to do business with that company than its competitors.
Visibility at Trade Shows
Promotional items work extremely well at trade shows and expos. Whether it’s a T-shirt, a stubby holder, a pen or something themed for your business, promotional items make you more visible and draw more traffic to your booth. Exhibit Surveys recently reported a survey that indicated a 176% increase in traffic due to promotional products.
They Last Longer than Traditional Advertising
A radio or TV ad is heard once and is easily forgotten. A newspaper ad usually lasts until the next day’s newspaper comes out. If you’re lucky, a magazine ad will lay in a pile for a few months.
But what happens when you give someone a useful item such as a stubby holder or a coffee mug? What if you give them a pen or a portfolio with your company name on it? These can literally last for years. Even if they “only” last for one year, they have grossly outperformed any other advertising medium.
When LJ Market Research surveyed business travellers at an airport, 71% said they had accepted a promotional item within the last year. 33% actually had the item on them.
Repetition of Advertising Impressions Improves Brand Recognition
Every time someone sees your company name, slogan and/or logo, it is an advertising impression. When someone receives an advertising impression over and over, they tend to memorise it. If a person has a promotional item from a company and receives multiple impressions every day, they are more likely to remember that company.
Remember that airport survey? It indicated that 39% of those who received promotional items remembered who gave it to them, even from as long as six months out.
More Brand Exposure
Promotional items, by their viral nature, expose your brand to more people. Most of all, they provide exposure outside of your target audience. For example, a t-shirt is seen by everyone who the person wearing it runs into. That could be hundreds of people a day for some people. Multiply that by a few hundred people and it’s like you have your own promotional “army.”
A lot of businesses have had their reach expanded by the power of promotional products. Demographics and target audiences are great marketing tools, but it’s good for your message to end up “outside the square” once in awhile, too.
Promoting a Better Image
Promotional items help you put your company’s best foot forward. Your name, logo, slogan and company colours can send a strong positive message. So can the fact that you are giving away useful items to people who use them and are thankful.
Passing it Forward
According to the Advertising Specialty Institute, 61% of those who receive promotional items give them away as opposed to throwing them out. The smaller the item, the more it is passed around. Pens are a great example, as they are passed around to a lot of different people during their usage cycle.
Putting it All Together
When you put it all together, promotional products represent the most effective form of advertising. We have helped numerous Perth businesses increase their bottom line using promotional items. Baylor University in the US conducted a study indicating that promotional products increase business by 22%.
Call ImagePak Marketing today: (08) 92444 111.